Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eluding Sleep

"Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds." ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002

For as along as I can remember, I've been a night person. No matter how tired I should be, my mind just starts to spin at night. Every night. I can go to bed super early, but still be tossing and turning until after midnight. Why even try to go to bed before midnight if I can't sleep right? So very often I'm up past 1am. It also follows that I am NOT a morning person and never have been, but that's hard when you've got a little one poking you in the eye first thing in the morning.

One of my New Years resolutions was to try and be more of a morning person and I'm majorly struggling with that. Since being a night owl is common among bloggers, I'm asking you guys. What do you do to shut down at the end of the night? Do you have any brilliant tricks to quiet your mind? Do sleep masks actually work? Is there some herbal miracle cure out there? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts.

Pic: The Cheeky Cafe (Sleepytime Tea, Keep Calm, sleepy girl, sleep mask)

2 comments:

  1. I think the trick is a definite long, evening wind down. I think herbal tea helps (have always loved the packaging of celestial seasonings, as you have featured, though never tried it!) And, my old house mate always insisted a hot shower before bed was helpful for winding down.. apparently you relax as your body returns to normal temp.
    I'm unsure though.. some nights sleep is not on the cards no matter how hard I try! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear a great solution too...I'm such a night owl...but when it comes morning I just want to sleep the day away and I wish I wasn't like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...