Blog Archive

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Getting to Know You

For a Thanksgiving treat and since I'm now finally a regular blogger after a year of thinking about it, I decided to do a "get to know me" post. So you all get to hear some quirky, albeit embarrassing things about me. Yay! I always enjoy a good laugh at someone else's expense, so now you can have one on me.

So here goes:

I have always had and probably will always have a huge crush on Bono from U2. Before I hear any "ewwwws or ickkkkk" from anyone, let me just say this: lets just see if any of you can still look good in leather pants when your his age!
.

I hate fish of any kind including tuna. There I said it! Everyone keeps telling me to try things because "they don't taste fishy", but I'm sorry people to me they do! I actually REALLY wish I didn't hate fish, but whatdya do?

I LOVE it when I laugh so hard that I cry. There are few things that actually can trigger that in me, but it's normally me laughing at other people's expense. However, I'm a really good sport about people laughing at me too. A lesson I brutally learned from my big bros. Which leads me to my next quirk.

I have vivid memories of my worst haircut. I was 5 and thought I was just going in for a trim, but came out with what I distinctly remember was a boy haircut. I cried all day and wouldn't go outside. My mom, thinking she was helping, came up with the brilliant idea of perming it to make it more "girly". Yes people I give you Richard Simmons as a child.
However my mullet in the 1st grade was not much better.

I have a serious love of shoes. They are almost collectors items to me, even if I wouldn't wear them, I still want them. One of these days, when I can afford it, I would LOVE to own a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.

My three greatest fears are bees, sharks and boogies (boogers). I will run away screaming from all three.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you get plenty of food, family, and fun today.

2 comments:

  1. um, those haircut photos are awesome! I am scared of sharks and bees too...i love the ocean but i hate going in it because i just replay jaws over and over in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post...and I have some pretty embarrassing school pictures too:) Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

    Happy weekend!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...