- butter, softened
- Artisan bread cut into 1/2 inch slices
- artichoke hearts, from a jar or can (I used the plain not marinated)
- roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- deli sliced turkey breast
- Sliced provolone cheese
- To assemble the sandwich, take two slices of bread. Put a spoonful of pesto on one slice of bread and spread around. Then top the pesto with some artichoke followed by red pepper strips, turkey and then a slice of provolone.
- Put sandwich together and spread the outside of both sides with butter. Place in a panini press or indoor grill like a George Forman grill. Grill until golden. If you don’t have a press or grill. Cook in a frying pan – grill one side. Then when grilling the other side place a heavy dish on top like a cast iron skillet to press the sandwich while the other side cook.