Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Yummies


So around this time last year I was ready to pop and majorly jonesing for something pumpkiney. You know how that goes when your pregnant, there was no stopping me til I got my fix. I found an absolutely yummy recipe (thank you Martha Stewart) and made me some pumpkin goodness then topped it with a cream cheese icing and some cute fall sprinkles (pic above). Mmmmmmm. Here it is typed out and ready to go: Enjoy!

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (I doubled this because I love nutmeg.)
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
* 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (I used a 14-ounce can and it was still lovely and pumpkin-y)

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and the spices. In another bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs. Add dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Then whisk in pumpkin puree.

Line the cupcake pan with liners and fill each about halfway with batter. Bake until tops spring back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate the pans if needed. (I have one pan, so did not bother with that step.) Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely before icing.

Cream Cheese Icing

* 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
* 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Beat butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...