Blog Archive

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Mommy Moments



A sick girl and bored/cranky 3 year old does not a happy mommy make. 

I realize that everyone has a different idea about how to discipline kids. I've also learned that every kid is different and responds differently to things, so what might work for one may not work for another. That is the monkey wrench that my 3 year old has thrown at me. He is the kid that calls your bluff, won't stay in time out, and can throw an Oscar worthy temper tantrum. I used to sit next to his door to make sure he didn't come out when he was throwing a fit or in time out. However, I now have a 6 month old, so that's not happening. Instead, we went out and bought a lock for the outside of his door. Best $15 bucks I've ever spent! Turns out that once he realized no one was there to hear his performance, he calmed down a lot faster. Also, me getting some distance from that made it so I could face the situation with more patience and calm. 

So today, as he's throwing a fit while I'm typing, I want to say thank you lock on the door.  Thank you for my sanity. 

Got any gems for dealing with a strong willed toddler?  PLEASE share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...